AIVER, RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION :
In consideration of my acceptance to the New York City in Central Park on May 12, 2018 ("the Event"):
1. I hereby agree to comply with the official race rules of this event.
2. For myself, my executors, heirs, next of kin, and assigns, I hereby:
(a) Waive and release any and all claims that I may have against the Event, its event committee, their officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, agents, sponsors, the City of New York – Parks & Recreation, the Big Apple Triathlon Club (dba New York Triathlon Club), their officers, staff, volunteers, agents and employees, or any one of their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assigns ("the releases") including any and all claims for damage caused by the negligence of any of them, arising out of my participation in the event and its related activities, together with any costs including attorney's fees as a result of any such claim whether valid or not,
(b) Indemnify and hold harmless the releases and each of them against any such claim that I or any one or more of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors or assigns may have or assert or against any costs including attorney's fees with respect thereto.
3. I hereby acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my possessions and athletic equipment before, during and after the event, and its related activities.
4. I hereby acknowledge that this event is extremely strenuous, difficult and hazardous even under the most favorable conditions. I understand that my participation in this event carries risk of personal injury, sickness and/or death including but not limited to those caused by terrain, my physical condition, vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and collisions with other participants and/or spectators. I understand and hereby accept these and all other risks and hazards inherent in this event and its related activities.
5. I hereby attest to be physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event and that a licensed physician has recently verified my physical condition.
6. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
7. I understand that the course is on public roads that are not closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. I fully accept the risks and hazards that this implies, including collisions and falls during my participation and I assume complete responsibility for my own actions on all highways, roads, paths and sidewalks that comprise the course.
8. I assume responsibility to compete on a bicycle that has been recently inspected by a reputable bicycle dealer and I will not hold anyone associated with the event liable for accidents occurring as a result of the malfunction of my equipment.
The course is closed to cars (except for official vehicles) but open to joggers, weekend cyclists, skaters, pedestrians, etc. While competing, you must be aware, considerate of and avoid other non-competitors who will also be using the Park roads. You do not have priority over other park users.
I further certify that I have read and fully understand the Official Race Rules and Competitor Information as listed on the New York Triathlon Club website (www.nytri.org
) and the above Waiver, Release and Indemnification Form and that the contents were completely and candidly understood by me.