RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
In consideration for allowing me to participate in any or all events and related activities of The Canadian Adventure Racing Association and Bear In Mind Running. I hereby warrant and agree that:
1. I am familiar with and accept that there is always the risk of serious injury and death resulting from participation in any organized recreational activity particularly those including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of extreme weather, harsh conditions of the trails, encounters with local wildlife and like activities offered as part of the programme of The Canadian Adventure Racing Association and Bear In Mind Running.
2. I have satisfied myself, and believe, that I am physically, emotionally and mentally able to participate in this programme, and that my equipment, if applicable, is appropriate for use in this programme; and
3. I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that at all times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with me; and
4. I will immediately remove myself from participation, and notify the nearest official, if at any time I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition or if I feel that I have experienced any deterioration in my physical, emotional or mental fitness, or that of my equipment, or exceeded my comfort level, for continued participation in any event or related activity.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTES:
1. AN UNQUALIFIED ASSUMPTION BY ME OF ALL RISKS associated with my participation in the any or all of the events and activities of The Canadian Adventure Racing Association and Bear In Mind Running even if arising from the negligence or gross negligence, including any compounding or aggravation of injuries caused by negligent rescue operations or procedures, of Bear In Mind Running, Stokely Creek Lodge, The Algoma Highlands Conservancy, Astina Forest AG, Buttermilk Ski Hill (Tom Feifel), Gary & Joanie McGuffin, Richard Kargl, Gary Roth, Blackbird Management, The Voyageur Trail and Stokely Creek Logging ,Sault Area Search and Rescure, The Town of Goulais River, any event organizer, event venue and any and all persons associated therewith or participating therein in any capacity; or in transportation to and from such events and activities, and
2. A FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may in the future have, against Bear In Mind Running, Stokely Creek Lodge, The Algoma Highlands Conservancy, Astina Forest AG, Buttermilk Ski Hill (Tom Feilfel) Gary and Joanie McGuffin, Richard Kargl, Gary Roth, Blackbird Managerment, The Voyageur Trail and Stokely Creek Logging, Sault Area Search and Rescue, The town of Goulais River, all associated sponsors and partners, and their respective directors, officers, employees, coaches, leaders, contractors, agents and representatives, advertisers, volunteers, others participating in any capacity, (all of whom are collectively referred to as “the Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my use of or my presence at event facilities, or my participation in any part of, or presence at, any or all of the events and related activities of the
- !2 - Releasees due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE RELEVANT OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES.
3. AN AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly, from my participation in any aspect of the said events and related activities; and
4. AN AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES, and each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
5. an agreement that this document be governed by the laws, and in the courts of the Province of Ontario.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I AND MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE
RELEASEES. I SIGN THIS DOCUMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.
COVID19 Compliance agreement
The following protocols have been put into place in order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure for you, volunteers, the public, and our staff. Please read carefully to ensure that you fully understand what is expected of you from the time of arrival to the time of departure. This information is adapted from guidelines created by the International Trail Running Association (ITRA), the Province of Ontario, and Algoma Public Health.
- A mask should be worn at any time maintaining a 2-metre distance from others outside of your cohort group is not possible.
- Use hand sanitizer and abide by physical distancing information / directional markings when present.
- Cheering and yelling in close proximity to others is strongly discouraged as it presents a high risk of spreading droplets.
- Spectators are encouraged to not attend. If spectators do attend, they are not permitted to enter the race area.
- If you present symptoms of Covid-19, immediately notify race administration, put on a mask, isolate, and contact Algoma Public Health.705-541-7101
- You must agree to NOT attend if:
- You have a fever of 38 ˚C or higher on race day.
- You show ANY signs or symptoms of Covid-19 in the 14 days leading up race day (ex: New continuous cough, fever, change/loss of taste/smell).
- You have been in contact with anyone who is sick (symptomatic) in the 14 days leading up to race day.
- Have travelled outside of Canada in the 14 days leading up to race day.
**Any support crew, supporters, or others you intend to bring are also subject to these criteria.
- Sign the updated waiver and COVID-19 disclaimer prior to the start of the event.
- Group text and email will be used for distributing any last-minute updates/changes.