1. I understand that participating in the Barbarian Challenge is a hazardous activity.
2. I understand the Barbarian Challenge presents extreme obstacles.
3. I do not have any medical condition which makes it dangerous for me to participate in the Barbarian Challenge.
4. I assume all risks associated with competing in the Barbarian Challenge, including but not limited to falls, possibly contracting COVID, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, completing all obstacles, defects or condition of premises, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, all such risks being known and appreciated by me.
5. I agree that the City of Gadsden is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost or stolen in the bag check area.
6. I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
7. I grant permission to the City of Gadsden, its affiliates, sponsors, and assigns to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any purpose including but not limited to promoting, advertising and marketing purposes. Any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of the event are the sole property of the City of Gadsden.
8. I understand that all entries are final with no refunds.
9. The official race directors reserve the right in any event of emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the race and in the event of cancellation or change there is no refund of entry fees.
10. I am at least 18 years old, OR my Parent/Guardian has reviewed this waiver and consented to its terms. Waiver & Release of all claims & assumption of risk and has signed the waiver with me.
I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury to participants in the Barbarian Challenge and I voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity, that my minor child/ward or I may sustain as a result of said participation. I further agree to waive and relinquish all claims I or my minor child/ward may have (or accrue to me or my child/ward) as a result of participating in these activities against the City of Gadsden, including its officials, agents, volunteers, sponsors, and employees (hereinafter collectively referred to as the City of Gadsden or Barbarian Challenge). I do hereby fully release and forever discharge the City of Gadsden, Alabama Power and the Etowah County Tourism Board, and any and all volunteers and staff from any and all claims for injuries, illnesses, damages, expenses, or loss that my minor child/ward or I may have or which may accrue to me or my minor child/ward and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associates with the race, program or activities. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims. When registering online, my online signature shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED, if the signature of an adult participant or parent/guardian and date are not signed at the time and place of the race. Participants and parents/guardians of minors registering for the race, programs/activities must recognize that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreational activities/programs. I am solely responsible for determining if I or my minor child/ward is physically fit and/or skilled for the race or activities contemplated by this agreement. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity. I do hereby fully release and forever discharge the City of Gadsden, Alabama Power, and the Etowah County Tourism Board, from any and all claims for injuries, damages or loss that my minor child/ward or I may have or which may accrue to me or my minor child/ward and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with these programs/activities.
I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims.
ONLY COMPLETE BELOW SECTION IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF A PARTICIPANT UNDER THE AGE OF 18: I, the parent or guardian of the above named participant, hereby give my approval to this child’s participation in the race and its activities. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participation in Barbarian Challenge, and I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the City of Gadsden, Alabama Power, The Factory and the Etowah County Tourism Board, its officers, heirs, assigns, administrators, personal representatives and executors, firms, corporations, businesses, and past and present employees, owners, agents, shareholders, volunteers, administrators, sponsors, supervisors, participants, all city, county, and state governments, and all sponsors, their representatives and successors and other persons, for any claim arising or of any injury to my/our child and from any and all claims, causes of actions, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, contracts, controversies, covenants, agreements, promises, damages, costs, expenses, responsibilities, or whatsoever kind, nature or description, whether, direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of or connected with my child(ren)’s participation in this event. I consent to the foregoing and grant permission for him/her to participate in the Barbarian Challenge. I acknowledge I have carefully read, accepted and agreed to the terms on this Release and Liability waiver, and know and understand their contents and I sign the same on my own free act and deed.