LAKELAND CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, INC. VIKING INVASION 5K Run/Walk & Kids Fun Run – March 6, 2021 RELEASE, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT FOR PARTICIPANTS AND VOLUNTEERS In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Viking Invasion (the “Event”), whether as a volunteer or a runner or walker, I agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge that running is an inherently dangerous sport and that there are dangers to participating in the Event, whether as a runner, walker, official, coach, volunteer, spectator, or otherwise. In connection with my or my child/ward’s participation in the Event, I fully assume the risks associated with such participation, including, without limitation, dangers caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, the actions of other participants (including without limitation those who are spectators), falls, traffic, and road conditions.
2. I certify that I or my child/ward am/is physically fit and in good health. I agree to abide by the decision of an Event official as to any aspect of my or my child/ward’s participation in the Event, including the right of such Event official to deny or suspend my or my child/ward’s participation for any reason whatsoever.
3. I hereby consent for me or my child/ward to receive any emergency medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of illness, accident, or injury during the Event.
4. I understand that I or my child/ward may appear in photographs or video footage taken during the Event. I agree to allow my or my child’s/ward’s likeness appearing in such photographs or video footage to be used for any legitimate purpose by the Event sponsors, organizers, and their successors and assigns.
5. I understand that the Event sponsors and organizers do not provide insurance coverage for any injuries which may occur during the Event, and acknowledge that I am responsible for any and all costs relating to any such injuries to me or my child/ward.
6. I understand that the Event organizer owns and operates a Christian school, and as such, intends to represent Christian values in all matters associated with the Event. If an Event official deems any activity by me or my child/ward to be inappropriate and in conflict with Christian values, as determined by the Event official in his/her sole discretion, I understand that I or my child/ward may be asked to leave the Event immediately and I understand that I will forfeit all entry fees paid to participate in the Event.
7. In consideration of me or my child/ward being allowed to participate in the Event, whether as a runner, walker, official, coach, volunteer, spectator, or otherwise, I hereby (A) waive, release, discharge and promise not to sue Lakeland CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, Inc., its parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, its officers, directors, agents, employees, and independent contractORs, the Event sponsors, volunteers, agents, directors, promoters, and participants (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, expenses, or actions of any kind or nature whatsoever (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES), arising out of, related to, or in any way connected with my or my child/ward’s travel to and/or participation in the Event or any activities related to or associated with the Event, including but not limited to any type of personal injury or death; and (B) agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, expenses, or actions of any kind or nature whatsoever, arising out of, related to, or in any way connected with my or my child/ward’s actions during or participation in the Event. I understand and agree that this shall be construed to provide the maximum waiver, release, and indemnification allowed by law to the Released Parties, and that I am giving up substantial rights, including the right to sue, by my execution of this Agreement.
8. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, and the exclusive venue for any legal action related to or arising out of this Agreement shall be vested in the Circuit Court in and for Polk County, Florida.
9. If any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provisions shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the enforcement or validity of any of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
10. I certify that (A) I have reached the age of majority and am under no legal disability which would prevent me from executing this Agreement, and (B) that I have read this Agreement and understand the provisions contained herein. If I am executing this Agreement on behalf of my child/ward, I further certify that I have the legal authority to do so, and that I hereby agree (A) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, expenses, or actions of any kind or nature whatsoever, arising out of any defect or lack of capacity to so act on behalf of my child/ward, and (B) to release the Released Parties on behalf of my child/ward.
11. I hereby knowingly and willingly discharge and hold harmless LCS and its successors, assigns, subsidiaries, affiliated or related legal entities, officers, directors, trustees, employees, administrators, and all persons, firms, associations, and corporations connected with LCS including, without limitation its insurers, sureties, and attorneys, of and from any and all lawsuits, claims, causes of action, disputes, remedies, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorney's fees), damages, losses, and demands of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, at law or equity, vested or contingent, which I or my child have, has, or might have by reason of being exposed to or infected by COVID-19.