As a participant in the Sunset Run at the Sunset Whitney Recreation Area in Rocklin, CA, you agree to and acknowledge the following nterms and conditions, and affirm so by checking the “I have read and agreed to the terms above” box, or by signing, below.
In consideration for myself and/or my minor child being permitted to participate in the Sunset Run on November 2, 2019 and related events and activities (“Activity”), by the City of Rocklin ("City"), Sunset Run Committee, Run Rocklin Committee (members and volunteers) and any/all other co-sponsors, I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims for damages for personal injury, death or property damage I or my minor child may sustain, or which may occur as a result of my or my minor child’s participation in the Activity. I understand and agree that:
1. This release is intended to discharge in advance the City (its officers, employees or agents), the Sunset Run Committee, the Run Rocklin Committee (their members and volunteers) and any/all other co-sponsors from and against any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with my participation or my minor child’s participation inthe Activity to the fullest extent of the law, even though the liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the City (or its officers, employees or agents), the Sunset Run Committee, the Run Rocklin Committee (their members or volunteers), or other co-sponsors.
2. In the event of an injury or medical emergency, I consent to Activity staff arranging forand consenting to emergency medical treatment for me or my minor child participating in the event as may be necessary in staff's discretion. I agree to pay for the costs of any such medical procedures or treatment. I understand that the neither the City, the
Committees, nor other co-sponsors carry medical insurance for the participants in the Activity.
3. The Activity is a trail run/walk on dirt paths, asphalt pathways, uneven surfaces, and includes tunnels. Dogs may be permitted to participate in the Activity.
4. The Activity may be of a hazardous nature and/or include physical and/or strenuous exercise or activity. I represent that I am, or my minor child participant is in proper physical condition to participate in the Activity, and my or my child’s health care provider has approved my/my minor child’s participation.
5. Participants in the Activity may sustain serious personal injury, death and/or property damage as a consequence of participating in the Activity.
6. Knowing the risks involved, I agree to assume all risks of injury and to the fullest extent permitted by law, to release and hold harmless the City (their officers, employees or agents), the Sunset Run Committee, the Run Rocklin Committee (their members and
volunteers) and any/all co-sponsors who through negligence, or carelessness might otherwise be liable to me or my minor child. It is further understood that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding to the heirs and assigns of the undersigned.
7. I further agree to indemnify and to hold the City (their officers, employees, or agents) the Sunset Run Committee, the Run Rocklin Committee (their members and volunteers) and any/all other
co-sponsors, free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense which they may incur as a result of any injury and/or property damage which myself or my minor child may sustain, or cause to any third-party, while participating in the Activity.
8. If my minor child is participating in the Activity, I certify that I am the parent/guardian with legal responsibility for the minor participant.
9. I further agree to reimburse or make good any loss or damage cost that the City and/or (their officers, employees or agents) may have to pay if any litigation is brought by myself or my minor child or by anyone on behalf of said minor, for any claim waived by this agreement.
10. I give permission to the City, the Sunset Run Committee, the Run Rocklin Committee to photograph or videotape me or my minor child participating in the Activity. I understand that pictures or video may be included in the promotion of all City or Committee programs. I hereby release, consent to and authorize in advance any such use of my name, photograph, voice or likeness related to the activity without remuneration to me.
I have carefully read this waiver of liability, medical release, and indemnification agreement, and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself, the City (its officers, employees, or agents), the Sunset Run Committee, the Run Rocklin Committee and any/all other
co-sponsors, and I sign it of my free will.
I agree to the terms above.