I UNDERSTAND THAT MY BIB AND CHIP MUST BE PICKED UP PRIOR TO RACE DAY AT EXPO AT THE WESTIN SEATTLE, NOVEMBER 29-30, 2019.
I UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE CHARGED A PROCESSING FEE OF 6.75% + $1.50. THIS PROCESSING FEE CAN BE AVOIDED BY REGISTERING BY MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON. ·
I UNDERSTAND THAT NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS OR ROLLOVERS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ENTRY FEES PAID.
Seattle Marathon Association Agreement and Waiver
SEATTLE MARATHON ASSOCIATION REGISTRATION AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER (the Agreement and Waiver)
1. Waiver. I know that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter and run unless I am medically able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the run. I assume all risks associated with running this event, which cannot be eliminated completely, ranging from minor injuries to catastrophic injuries, including, but not limited to tripping and falling, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the road and death, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of acceptance of my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release Amica Mutual Insurance Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates, the University of Washington, UW Medicine, The State of Washington, Washington State Dept. of Transportation, Seattle Center, Seattle Public Schools, The City of Seattle, Road Runners Club of America, the Seattle Marathon Association, all sponsors, contractors and volunteers, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose and I understand that my name will be posted on the Seattle Marathon Association website as a participant of the 2019 event. I also understand that my entry fee is non-refundable. A parent must sign if entrant is under 18 years of age. This is to certify that my child has permission to compete in the event, is in good physical condition and the event officials may authorize necessary medical treatment. I understand that this event is RRCA sanctioned and that bicycles, skateboards, baby strollers, roller-skates or blades, animals and headsets are not allowed in the race and I will abide by this guideline.
No refunds, transfers or rollovers will be given for entry fees paid.
2. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. You represent and warrant to the Seattle Marathon Association (SMA) that you have full legal authority to complete this event registration on behalf of yourself and/or any party you are registering (the Registered Parties), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. As used in this Agreement and Waiver, “SMA” refers to the Seattle Marathon Association and any and all subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entities that control or are controlled by the Seattle Marathon Association singly or together and its board members, employees, sponsors, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors and agents. If you are registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of that party and have the legal authority to enter into this agreement on their behalf and by proceeding with this event registration, you agree that the terms of this Agreement and Waiver shall apply equally to all Registered Parties. By registering a child under 13, you agree and consent to the collection of that child’s information, which you provide for the purposes of registration.
3. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. SMA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SMA REGISTRATION SITE OR (B) FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR (C) RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH SMA OR (D) RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES, EVEN IF SMA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SMA REGISTRATION SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SMA REGISTRATION SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS. SMA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SMA makes no warranty that the SMA Registration site’s services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free. SMA does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information in, or provided in connection with, the SMA Registration site. SMA is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such information. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the SMA Registration site is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
4. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold SMA harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising from or relating to your use of the SMA Registration Site or the violation of any term of this Agreement and Waiver as well as the Terms of Service by you.
6. Severability. You further expressly agree that this Agreement and Waiver is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Washington and that if any provision of this Agreement and Waiver shall be found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
WAIVER FOR OPTIONAL HILLRUNNER TRAINING
In checking the box above and including your signature below you indicate your acceptance and that you understand, agree, warrant and covenant as follows:
Running, as with any sport, has inherent risks. Your Online Running Coach will do everything possible to help you minimize your risks while still working toward your goals. However, nothing can eliminate all risks. You are strongly recommended to consult a doctor before beginning any exercise program.
By registering for the services of the Online Running Coach, you waive and release any and all claims for damages that may incur as a result of your following the training plan set forth by your Online Running Coach against HillRunner.com, your personal Online Running Coach, the Seattle Marathon Association and its staff, volunteers, partners and sponsors. You further certify that you have full knowledge of the risks involved in completing a training plan and that you will disclose any physical or health concerns to your personal Online Running Coach so those concerns will be factored into your training plan and any and all advice given can take those concerns into account.
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE SIGNING THE AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.