PARTICIPANT’S RELEASE OF LIABILITY,
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION.
In consideration for my being permitted to participate in the SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL event, I, for myself, my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, agree to the following Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement. Certain risks are inherent in any recreational activity and cannot be eliminated or reduced. The same inherent risks that contribute to the unique character of the activity can be the cause of damage to the equipment associated with the activity, or injury, illness, paralysis or death. I understand and acknowledge that there are risks, hazards and dangers that are inherent and integral to these activities. I understand that I may walk away from entering such activities if the Release form herein is not agreed upon;
I am aware that participating in a gravel cycling event is a hazardous activity, and that I am voluntarily participating in this activity with the knowledge of the dangers involved and I hereby agree to accept, and I do hereby assume, any and all risks of injury and death.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE INHERENT RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
1. Risks involved in gravel cycling generally. These risks include without limitation areas where objects are not marked and hazards may not be visible; where vehicular traffic may be present; where roads or trails are not groomed, maintained, or controlled, and surface hazards, loose surfaces, or potholes might exist; where weather is unpredictable, changeable and dangerous; and where lightning, thunder, bee hives, animals, and other natural hazards and dangers exist;
- Risks arising out of any activity involving bicycles which are unpredictable and uncontrollable in all circumstances, and which involve equipment that may break or otherwise fail, and other participants who may fail to control their bicycles and cause a collision or other unpredictable consequences;
- Risks involved in event organizer decision making and conduct including, without limitation, route selection, location of feed zones or other support stations, and conduct of event volunteers and staff;
- Risks arising out of participant equipment malfunction;
- Risks arising out of my own medical conditions, if any, and cycling ability level. By signing this Release Agreement I represent that I am in good health and proper physical condition, and have adequate bicycle handling skills, to safely participate in a mass-participation gravel cycling event; and
- Such other risks, hazards and dangers that are integral to recreational activities offered and engaged in, in a mass-participation gravel cycling event.
I acknowledge that the above description of inherent risks is not complete and that there are other risks, hazards and dangers associated with participating in a mass-participation gravel cycling event, that be unknown or unanticipated. The inherent and other risks, hazards and dangers may result in damage to equipment or injury, illness, paralysis or death. I acknowledge that SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL has been available to more fully explain to me the risks of these activities. I understand that I have responsibilities as a participant in these activities. There are no mental or physical problems or limitations associated with my participation in the recreational activities which I have not disclosed in writing to SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL. I am fully capable of participating in all of these activities. I understand that the presence of SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL personnel, volunteers, and medical staff, is no assurance of my safety or the lessening of any of these risks. I am voluntarily participating in this mass-participation gravel cycling event with full knowledge of the risks, hazards and dangers involved and hereby assume and accept any and all risks of damages, injury, illness, paralysis or death. I agree to be familiar with and abide by the rules and regulations established by SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL for this event. I agree to ride and participate so as to neither endanger myself nor others. I will wear a CPSC-compliant helmet. I acknowledge that SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL is applying UCI Anti-Doping Rules and USADA Protocol to this event. I agree to submit to drug testing and understand that the use of methods or substances prohibited by the applicable anti-duping rules would make me subject to penalties up to disqualification, suspension, and forfeiture of prize money.
I acknowledge such risks may otherwise result in claims against SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL, however:
I, for myself, my heirs, successors, executors and subrogors, hereby knowingly and intentionally waive and release, indemnify and hold harmless SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL, its owners, agents and employees, with respect to any and all claims, actions, causes of nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of any damages, loss, injury, paralysis or death to me or my property in any way connected with my participation in this mass-participation gravel cycling event. I agree that neither I, nor anyone acting on my behalf, will make a claim of any kind against SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL as a result of any damage, injury, paralysis or death to me or my property.
I agree that all documents and all other aspects of my relationship with SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL are governed by the laws of the State of Colorado. Further, any suit, legal proceeding, mediation or arbitration arising out of or relating to my participation in this mass-participation gravel cycling event, or any other dispute with SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL, must be filed exclusively in the State of Colorado and Colorado law shall be determinative. If any provision, term or condition of this agreement shall be judicially determined to be invalid, the other portions of the agreement shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect. I understand this Release, Waiver and Indemnity Agreement is the entire agreement with SBT Holdings, LLC d/b/a SBT GRVL and that this agreement cannot be modified or changed in any way by the representations or statements of any directors, officers, agents, and/or employees, or by the client.
I have carefully read, clearly understood and voluntarily signed this Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement. I attest that I am 18 years of age or older.
PARENTAL/LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT
I attest that I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor participant named above. I attest that the minor participant will only undertake either the BLUE or GREEN courses of this event, as minor participants are forbidden from undertaking all other SBT GRVL courses. I have carefully read the foregoing and agree to all of the terms.