PARTICIPANT CONSENT, WAIVER and RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
I acknowledge that participating in the LOUIS TEWANIMA FOOTRACE (“Event”) involves risk of personal injury to me. Knowing this, I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Waiver and Release from Liability. In exchange for being permitted to compete in the Event I agree to the following:
- I agree to follow common safety practices during all activities and competitions at the Event. I assume all risks associated with my participation in the Event and the risk of injury caused by any conditions during the Event, which may not be reasonably foreseeable by anyone at any time.
- I agree not to sue the Louis Tewanima Association, the race committee, volunteers, medical personnel, and/or any Event sponsors, for any injuries, losses and/or damages during this Event.
- In the event of any injury or medical conditions I may experience during the Event, I authorize medical treatment deemed necessary by medical personnel if I am not able to act on my own behalf.
- I agree to conduct myself in a sportsman-like manner and treat all participants, officials and spectators respectfully. I realize that if disciplinary action is taken against me, I may be suspended from the Event and any future Events.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO RELEASE/WAIVER:
The Louis Tewanima Footrace may be videotaped and/or documented by photographers. I give permission for the Louis Tewanima Race Committee and its sponsors to use my biography, photo, name and likeness in any publicity, advertising and promotion in connection with this Event, and future Events. I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve any finished product (i.e. photo) that may be used in connection with this Event.
The Tewanima Footrace has a NO REFUND policy. There are absolutely NO refunds, even in the event of race cancellation or modification. All entry fee payments are non-refundable and all sales are final.
There are NO transfers to other runners.
It is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to the participant. Past races have been affected when participants have used someone else’s race number. While this may seem harmless to the parties perpetrating the unauthorized bib transfer, it does convey serious consequences to the organizers and participant field alike.
Race results and finishers’ awards can be impacted, as well as medical personnel being able to correctly identify participants in need of medical treatment. It is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant.
If race organizers become aware that a runner has participated in one of our events with a bib that is not registered to that runner, both the runner and the person to whom the bib is registered may be prohibited from participating in subsequent Tewanima Footrace events for a minimum of one year.
Participants may request to change from one race to another if submitted to and approved by the race organizers no later than 8:00 pm MST on the evening prior to race day and:
- The request is made by the original registrant and . . .
- The participant requests a change to a shorter distance race (i.e., 10K to 5K, 5K to 1 Mile, etc).
Please note there will be no refund of any portion of the race fee as a result of any changes.
10K CUT-OFF TIME:
Any 10K participant not arriving at the 5K/10K split within one (1) hour of the 10K race start will be diverted up the mesa on the 5K trail and will not be permitted to complete the 10K course.
These policies remain in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, pregnancy or any other reasons. Any exceptions to these policies must be approved to the Louis Tewanima Footrace Committee.
The Tewanima Footrace organizers reserve the right to cancel or modify the Tewanima Footrace event for any reason, including, but not limited to: accidents, labor disputes, acts of war, terrorism, military or armed conflicts, insurrections, rebellions, riots, explosions, lightning, earthquakes, fires, storms, rain, floods, wind, hail or if any such acts or causes which require cancellation of the event for safety or security reasons. In the event of such cancellation or modification, there will be no refunds.
The Tewanima Footrace organizers may remove me from the Event, without refund, should my behavior endanger the safety of or negatively affect a race, person, venue, myself, or property of any kind.