In consideration of the acceptance of my application and
the permission to participate in the Bellingham Bay Marathon (Individual or Relay), Half Marathon, 10K or
5K ("the Event"), I, for myself, my heirs, executors,
administrators, successors and assigns, hereby RELEASE,
WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE, the Bellingham Bay
Marathon ("the Organization"), all beneficiaries, sponsors, volunteers,
contributors, contractors, employees, and sanctioning bodies
("the aforesaid") of and from ANY AND ALL claims,
demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions and causes of
action, whether in law or equity, in respect of death, injury,
loss or damage to my person or property, HOWEVER CAUSED,
arising or to arise by reason of my participation in the event,
whether prior to, during or subsequent to the
event, and NOTWITHSTANDING THAT THE SAME MAY HAVE
BEEN CONTRIBUTED TO, OR OCCASIONED BY, THE
NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE AFORESAID. I further hereby
agree to HOLD AND SAVE HARMLESS and AGREE TO
INDEMNIFY all of the aforesaid from and against any and all
liability incurred by any and all of them as a result of, or in
any way connected with, my participation in the event. I further understand and accept that:
- Registration fees are non-refundable under any circumstance.
- There are strict policies regarding registration fee transfers and cancellations; these are available for review on the Registration Policies webpage.
- At packet pickup I may be asked to present valid ID proving I am
eligible for any discount I am claiming during registration. Failure to do so will be considered a violation of event rules.
- Failure to adhere to event rules and regulations - before, during, or after the event - may result in disqualification from this event and/or future events.
- By choosing to participate in the event, I affirm my physical ability and fitness to do so.
- Any photos taken of me while participating in the event may be used in future event promotional materials and advertising.