I know that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with participating in weather, including cold, high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry to participate in the Louisville Triple Crown of RunningSM presented by Planet Fitness, which includes the Anthem 5K Fitness Classic on March 10, 2018; Rodes City Run 10K on March 24, 2018; and the Papa John’s 10 Miler on April 7, 2018 (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the “Event(s)” and on any such date as may be determined in the Event(s) of a postponement of the Event(s) in Louisville, Kentucky, I, intending to be legally bound, do hereby for myself, my heirs, my executors and administrators agree as follows:
1. I do waive and forever release any and all rights and claims for any damages and liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in the Event(s) against all persons, entities and agencies involved with promoting the Event(s) including but not limited to PF Louisville, LLC. (dba Planet Fitness); Novo Nordisk; Anthem Health Plans of Kentucky Inc. (dba Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield); Lithgow Industries, Inc. (dba Rodes); Papa John’s 10 Miler, LLC (dba Papa John’s International); Yellow Ambulance; Louisville Metro Government; Gatorade; Sternberg Truck Rentals; Gault Race Management; WHAS Crusade for Children; WHAS-TV; Triangle Talent; ValuMarket; EnMotive; ChronoTrack; Athlinks; Louisville Metro Police Department; YMCA of Greater Louisville; Louisville Water Company; KentuckyOne Health Sports Medicine; Summit Media Group (107.7 The Eagle, Q103.1 & HAWK 103.9); Heine Brothers Coffee; Fleet Feet Sports-Louisville; Center Plate; USATF; the University of Louisville; Louisville Baseball Club (dba Louisville Slugger Field); Papa John's Cardinal Stadium; University of Louisville/ULAA; PARC; Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana; Stock Yards Bank; Waste Management; Rumpke; Chick-fil-A; FastSigns; Louisville Stoneware; RAM Racing; River City Races; Duplicator Sales and Service; and their respective agents, successors, representatives and assigns even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver;
2. I assume the risk of all bodily injuries, including death and personal injuries to me and damage to and loss of my property, including loss of use thereof and any other indirect or consequential damages, resulting directly or indirectly, wholly or in part, from my participation in the Event(s) and while traveling to and from the Event(s);
3. I hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold the entities specifically named in paragraph numbered 1 above harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees), judgments and penalties arising out of any of my acts or omissions to act;
4. If the participant is a person under 18 years of age, the undersigned parent or legal guardian of the participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the entities named in paragraph numbered 1 above from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees), judgments, and penalties arising out of the participant’s participation in the Event(s);
5. I understand and agree that The Louisville Triple Crown of RunningSM (Anthem 5K Fitness Classic, Rodes City Run 10K and Papa John’s 10 Miler) reserves the right to use any and all participant’s names and/or likeness with regard to promotional and/or advertising materials;
6. I understand and agree that all entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Further, I acknowledge and agree that the Louisville Triple Crown of Running Event(s) series, in its sole discretion, may delay or cancel the Event(s) if it believes the conditions on the race day(s) are unsafe. In the Event(s) the Event(s) is delayed or cancelled for any reason, including, but not limited to: fire, threatened or actual strike, protest, labor difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, rain, snow, ice, hail, high winds, thunderstorm, lightning, tornado, earthquake), or any other cause beyond the control of the Louisville Triple Crown of RunningSM series Event(s), there shall be no refund of the entry fee or any other costs of the entrant in connection with the Event(s).
7. I understand and acknowledge that each race course will stay open for a limited time (Anthem 5K: 1 hour and 30 minutes, Rodes City Run: 2 hours, Papa John’s 10 Miler: 3.5 hours) from the start of the race and I will need to maintain a minimum pace in order to finish within the allotted course time (Anthem 5K: 29 min/mile, Rodes City Run: 19:21 min/mile, Papa John’s 10 Miler: 18 min/mile). I understand that if I cannot complete the course in the allotted time, I may be asked to move to the sidewalk and race support may not be available to me along the course or at the finish line.
8. I understand that athletes who participate in this competition may be subject to formal drug testing in accordance with USATF and IAAF rules, in accordance with USOC, USADA, or IAAF procedures. Athletes found, after a disciplinary hearing, to be positive for prohibited substances, as defined by the WADA Code and/or IAAF, or who refuse to be tested, will be disqualified from this event and may lose eligibility for future competitions. Any prize money payable to an athlete who has tested positive shall be withheld until the final disposition of all disciplinary proceedings. BEWARE: Some prescriptions, over the counter medications, and nutritional supplements may contain prohibited substances. Information regarding drugs and drug testing may be obtained by calling the USADA Reference Hotline at 1-800-233-0393, or www.usantidoping.org.