I know that running a road race is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with participating in weather, including cold, high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry to participate in the Louisville Triple Crown of RunningSM presented by Planet Fitness, which includes the Anthem 5K Fitness Classic on March 4, 2017; Rodes City Run 10K on March 18, 2017; and the Papa John’s 10 Miler on April 1, 2017 (hereinafter sometimes referred to as the “Event(s)” and on any such date as may be determined in the Event(s) of a postponement of the Event(s) in Louisville, Kentucky, I, intending to be legally bound, do hereby for myself, my heirs, my executors and administrators agree as follows:
1. I do waive and forever release any and all rights and claims for any damages and liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in the Event(s) against all persons, entities and agencies involved with promoting the Event(s) including but not limited to PF Louisville, LLC. (dba Planet Fitness), Novo Nordisk; Anthem Health Plans of Kentucky Inc. (dba Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield); Lithgow Industries, Inc. (dba Rodes); Papa John’s International; Yellow Ambulance; Louisville Metro Government; The Voice Tribune; Gatorade; Cool Runnings, Inc.; Gault Race Management; WHAS Crusade for Children; WHAS-TV; Triangle Talent; ValuMarket; Thrifty Truck Rental (Sternberg); Louisville Metro Police Department; YMCA of Greater Louisville; Louisville Water Company; KentuckyOne Health; Summit Media Group (107.7 The Eagle, Q103.1 & Lite 106.9); Heine Brothers Coffee; Fleet Feet Sports-Louisville; Center Plate; USATF; Jefferson Community Technical College (JCTC); Greater Louisville Sports Commission; the University of Louisville; Louisville Slugger Field; PARC; Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana; Stock Yards Bank; Signature Health Care; Duplicator Sales & Service; Waste Management; Waterfront Development Corporation; Rumpke; Sam Swope Auto Group; Chick-fil-A; Fast Signs; Louisville Stoneware; PowerBar; ChronoTrack and Athlinks; and their respective agents, successors, representatives and assigns even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver;
2. I assume the risk of all bodily injuries, including death, resulting there from, and personal injuries to me and damage to and loss of my property, including loss of use thereof and any other indirect or consequential damages, resulting directly or indirectly, wholly or in part, from my participation in the Event(s) and while traveling to and from the Event(s);
3. I hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold the entities specifically named in paragraph numbered 1 above harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees), judgments and penalties arising out of any of my acts or omissions to act;
4. In the Event(s) that the participant is a person under 18 years of age, the undersigned parent or legal guardian of the participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the entities named in paragraph numbered 1 above from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses (including attorney’s fees), judgments, and penalties arising out of the participant’s participation in the Event(s);
5. I understand and agree that The Louisville Triple Crown of RunningSM (Anthem 5K Fitness Classic, Rodes City Run 10K and Papa John’s 10 Miler) reserves the right to use any and all participant’s names and/or likeness with regard to promotional and/or advertising materials;
6. I understand and agree that all entry fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Further, I acknowledge and agree that the Louisville Triple Crown of Running Event(s) series, in its sole discretion, may delay or cancel the Event(s) if it believes the conditions on the race day(s) are unsafe. In the Event(s) the Event(s) is delayed or cancelled for any reason, including, but not limited to: fire, threatened or actual strike, protest, labor difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, rain, snow, ice, hail, high winds, thunderstorm, lightning, tornado, earthquake), or any other cause beyond the control of the Louisville Triple Crown of RunningSM series Event(s), there shall be no refund of the entry fee or any other costs of the entrant in connection with the Event(s).7. I understand and acknowledge that each race course will stay open for a limited time (Anthem 5K: 1 hour and 30 minutes, Rodes City Run: 2 hours, Papa John’s 10 Miler: 3.5 hours) from the start of the race and I will need to maintain a minimum pace in order to finish within the allotted course time (Anthem 5K: 29 min/mile, Rodes City Run: 19:21 min/mile, Papa John’s 10 Miler: 18 min/mile). I understand that if I cannot complete the course in the allotted time, I may be asked to move to the sidewalk and race support may not be available to me along the course or at the finish line.